It was the second to last day for classes here at the Prep and the final projects were in full swing, either being completed or presented.
International Relations participated in their Model UN and came to “Resolution 2368 (2017)” which
- Endorses the Minsk bilateral ceasefire agreement adopted in 2015;
- Authorizes an objective investigation of the MH-17 downing by an unbiased third party agreed to by all states, under the following conditions:
- the Russian Federation shall hand over all relevant evidence that poses no
detriment to Russian national security and wellbeing,
- agreeing that if protocol is breached and/or any Russian documents are made public, the investigation will be terminated and further investigations will not be conducted;
- Expands the buffer zone agreed to in the Minsk Agreement of 2015 from 50 km to 75 km [from each side];
- Promotes the increased presence of an OSCE peacekeeping operation in Eastern Ukraine to quell protests;
- Discourages any unauthorized military intervention by foreign powers within the internationally recognized borders of Ukraine;
- Calls upon all parties to respect and protect the human rights of the civilians in the region.
(Click here for the full resolution)
Medical Science prepared projects for presentation about human diseases, which will be discussed in a conference tomorrow, while Empires finished their game of world domination, the Creatives enjoyed the fruits of their labour in their publication “Misinformation”, and Engineering dismantled their constructed boat.
Meanwhile, speech and debate took on the case of “This House Proposes to: Eat the Cabin Boy”, to which the Opposition proved to be the winning side. Computer Science continued to seek completion of their apps and games.
Physics continued to have a “phun” time presenting their “phindings” – hoping to earn first choice of a book prize.
The Minors also had their final classes and had great fun completing their projects: