Happy Thursday to all. Yesterday and today our OxSem students were hard at work, continuing their class studies whilst also exploring more of Oxford and partaking in various planned activities. Here’s a bit of a flavour of the activities which have been on offer…
- Panel Talk: ‘Thinking About College III: The Art of the Personal Statement’, with Sally Bayley, a college tutor at St Hugh’s and lecturer at the English Faculty
- Theatre: William Shakespeare’s The Comedy of Errors at the Oxford Castle
And for today we have planned:
- Panel Talk: ‘Thinking About College IV: Common App vs. UCAS’ with Foteini Dimirouli, a current DPhil Candidate in Comparative Literature
- Theatre: William Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night in Wadham College’s gardens
- Walking Tour: ‘Hidden Oxford IV’ exploratory tour with faculty members
- Piano Recital by our Associate Director, Luke Berryman, in the Corpus Auditorium
- British Film Festival: Skyfall
We’ve also had ‘Early English Music by Candelight’, a concert in the nearby Exeter College; an Improv Comedy workshop; film screenings as part of our week-long British Film Festival; and several other panel discussions about ‘Life as an Oxford Student’ and ‘Interview Experiences’.
We can’t believe that there’s only two more full days left! To keep everyone busy and enjoying Oxford Seminar life to the full, we have some really exciting activities planned. Watch this space for an Al Fresco BBQ dinner outside in the gardens, private Oxford Library tours, an Open Mic night, a traditional British ‘Village Fete’, a final Awards Banquet, and a celebratory River Boat Cruise… Plus the concluding Major and Minor course sessions! Hectic times here at Corpus Christi, but our students are having the time of their lives.